All Associations, regardless of size, will eventually need an Association attorney, one who specializes in community association law. Attorneys serve associations in several important ways that protect and enhance each member’s assets. The right professional can help your Association steer clear of litigation, handle legal suits and respond to day-to-day legal questions. LMS works with many professionals who help with the following tasks:
- Provide legal opinions: Advise the board in all matters pertaining to the association.
- Review documents: Review governing documents, rules proposed by the board, and contracts with service providers.
- Educate: Attend meetings to answer questions, explain concepts or documents, and provide information to homeowners or board members.
- Collect delinquent assessments: Write and send routine demand letters, file liens, process foreclosures, litigate if necessary.
- Enforce deed restrictions: Write and send routine demand letters, file lawsuits, litigate if necessary.
- Litigate: For collections, to enforce deed restrictions, to defend the board.
Savvy condo boards know when to utilize their legal counsel for the good of the entire community. They’re the protectors of the Association against exposure and liability. Consider them a trusted partner!